Mr. Wilder has developed management programs in Safety, Life Safety, Hazardous Materials, Security, Utility Management, Equipment Management, and Emergency Preparedness. Originally the founder of S. Wilder and Associates, Inc., he has been consulting in safety, security, and risk management program administration since 1990. He has performed security threat and vulnerability assessments at over 100 locations across the United States, and has trained thousands of workers in workplace safety.
An experienced trial expert, Mr. Wilder has consulted for law firms and insurance companies on issues of safety, security, risk management, aggression management, and workplace violence. He also has written numerous articles for magazines and trade journals.
In addition to his career in safety, security, and risk management, Mr. Wilder has also spent 31 years in the fire service, and retired in 2008 as Fire Chief in a suburban Chicago fire department. He is an Illinois certified paramedic, a certified fire science instructor, and has spent the past 22 years on the teaching staff for the University of Illinois Fire Service Institute and at Southern Illinois University. He has written two books, and written, directed, and produced numerous videos on issues of safety and security, workplace violence, and occupational health.
- Security Vulnerability Assessments
- Safety Audits / Safety Program Development and Oversight
- OSHA / Regulatory Compliance
- Physical Security Program Management
- Hazard Vulnerability Assessments
- Workplace Violence Prevention and Training
- Emergency Preparedness, Response, Mitigation, Recovery
- Security Program Administration
- Safety / Security Training
- Illinois Security Chief's Association
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management (Member,Occupational Safety and Health Committee)
- American Society of Hospital Engineers
- International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety
- Illinois Association of School Business Officials
- International Association of Contingency Planners
- National Fire Protection Association
- Kankakee County Local Emergency Planning Committee
- International Association of Fire Chiefs